This class is designed to explain all components of heating and air conditioning systems, and explain how they are incorporated into the system. This class will help you be better prepared for the NiagaraAX and Niagara 4 classes.
Topics Covered Include:
- We will cover different types of heat and the different ways that heat is transferred.
- ASHRAE standards and units will be explained.
- Boilers, chillers, cooling towers, and air handling units how they work and their applications will be discussed.
- Dampers - different types and their applications explained.
- All basic points of electricity, testing different components, taking voltage readings, going over laws and formulas, and practice labs
- Motors, motor controls, and troubleshooting will be discussed.
- We will touch on Building Automation System.
- Safety and how important it is.
|History of HVAC||FMS System||Types of Heating & Cooling Systems|
|Pneumatic Controls||Heat-Temperature-Pressure||Types of Heat|
|Heat Transfer||ASHRAE Systems||Compressors & Chillers|
|Cooling Towers||Air Handling Units||Unit Ventilators & Fan Coils|
|VAV Systems||History of Electricity||Electricity & Components|
|Motors & Motor Controls||Switches||Fuses|
|Troubleshooting||Variable Frequency Drives||Control Loops|
|Dampers||History of HVAC Controls||Building Automation System|