Honeywell Spyder Training
This class introduces you to the Honeywell Spyder series of programmable unitary controllers and advances to job implementation. Topics include specifications, architecture, commissioning, function blocks, simulation, debugging, downloading, LON network variables, proxy points, time schedules, applications, macros and sample programs. This class trains on both BACnet and LON Spyders.
- Spyder Tool Installation
- BACnet Router & USB LON Adapter Setup
- Modes of Operation
- Physical & Software Points
- Simple Control Applications
- Discovering Points
- Station Migration
- Debugging & Simulation
Target Audience: Systems integrators, BAS technicians, application engineers or facilities maintenance staff that will require knowledge of the Spyder tool.
Prerequisites: Students must be certified NiagaraAX or WEBsAX certified
- Each student is required to have a Windows 7/8/10 based laptop with administrator privileges running the most current version of WorkPlace AX 3.8 and N4 (32 bit).
- BACnet /Lon Spyder tool (For AX 6.4.5 and for N4 7.2.4)
- BACnet & Lon Converters:
- Students will need a BACnet IP to MSTP converter (USB preferred such as BASRTP-B)
- Students will also need either a USB to Lon converter (Echelon-75010R or Kit204 -000C) or a PCMCIA Lon Adapter
- Students are expected to have a functional working knowledge of Windows and computers, including: understanding navigation, locating files, folder structures, file paths, browser basics, cut/copy/paste, and using a mouse/keyboard (right/left click) in order to be successful in this class.